By Terrel Brown (Ward
Monday, March 13, 2017
Item 1: The City Council discussed the agreement concerning the disposal of leachate.
Item 2: The City Council approved the Standard Waste Water Disposal Agreements. The City of Tallassee will require a yearly dumping permit, at a cost of $100, for any individual or entity wishing to dispose of septic tank waste at the City of Tallassee Wastewater Treatment Lagoon in Elmore County, Alabama. Dumping charges will be based on the capacity of the truck. The charging fee is $30 per 1,000 gallons (ex. 4,000-gallon capacity truck would be $120 per load).
Item 3: The City Council approved a resolution to award the engineering contract to AME Engineers for the CDBG sewer project in East Tallassee.
Item 4: The City Council will further discuss the acceptance of the extension of Hanil Drive as a city street.
Item 5: The City Council approved the transfer of funds for economic development.
Item 6: The City Council appointed members to the Parks and Recreation Board. John Aldridge (Ward 1), Chuck Isbell (Ward 2), Brian Schwab (Ward 3), Regina Crapps (Ward 4), Holly Zellers (Ward 5), Mike Hornsby (Ward 6), Leslie Waters (Ward 7), Grif Pritchard ( At-Large Seat 1), Eddie Gantt ( At-Large Seat 2).
Item 7: Mayor’s Reports.
- Mayor John Hammock requested a part-time position for the Building Inspector office and a position for City Hall. The City Council voted and approved the two positions.
- Mayor Hammock requested funds for getting a current appraisal for the City -owned Guest House and Seven Gables.
- Mayor Hammock announced Boy Scout Noah Metz and Gregory Anecito would receive their Eagle Scout Badge.
Item 8: Council Report
- Councilman Bill Godwin requested funds for purchasing much -needed radios for Tallassee Fire Department.
- Councilwoman Sarah Hill announced that the City was in the process of applying for a grant to help purchase three police cars, body armor, and police body cameras.
Item 9: Adjourned
Regular City Council Meetings
are held on the second and fourth
Mondays of each month beginning at
6 p.m. at City Hall and the public is
welcome to attend.
Ward 1: Jeremy Taunton
Ward 2: Sarah Hill
Ward 3: Damian Carr
Ward 4: Darrell Wilson
Ward 5: Terrel Brown
Ward 6: Bill Godwin
Ward 7: David Stough